Friday 9 January 2015

No Cut Gift Bag

Hello!

The other day I made some bath bombs for a friend a work and I wanted a bag or box to put them in for her, to make them look more professional rather than just giving them to her loose. So I've come up with a gift bag that is really easy to make... literally a 3 year old could make one. I've tried to take photos showing how you make it but my photography skills aren't that good so bare with me and I will explain all.


You will need:

  • A4 Paper / Card
  • Ruler
  • Scoring tool (optional, you can just fold)
  • Adhesive
  • Hole Punch
  • Ribbon
First of all, you need to score or fold your paper at 1 3/4'' down each side length ways. And then turn your paper so its horizontal and score or fold at 3/4'' and 4 3/4'' from both directions. You should end up with something looking like this...


Then this bit is slightly tricky to explain but I'm going to try my best. You need to fold in the long side panel and bend it back on itself at the 4 3/4'' fold so the edges of the paper lines up... something like this. And you need to do this on all four score lines.


Now you need to add your adhesive to the long edges of paper and stick down. It doesn't matter if you use wet glue or double sided tape, as long as you don't go over the diagonal score line and you only keep to about 1/2'' from the edge it will still work. 


Now fold those two long panels into the center and bring the two ends up to meet at the top. You can either leave it here and close it with a pretty sticker over the top, or add Velcro to the inside to Velcro it shut. Or you can add some holes with your hold punch and thread a ribbon through and tie it off with a big bow just like I have.


There are so many possibilities with this bag and once you've made a couple and got the hang of it, you can start experimenting with sizes by folding at different measurements like I have. You just have to make sure that where ever you fold on one side is mirrored on the other side, otherwise you end up with a wonky bag! :)


So I hope you have fun with this and go crazy making loads like I did!


Stay Inspired
Amy
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment